Who We Are
Our mission is to provide advocacy, education, and services for individuals with Learning Disabilities (LDs) to empower them to reach their full potential. We aim to build a world where individuals with LDs are included, empowered and celebrated.
Our programs are designed to help students learn on their own terms, in the ways that work for them. In the short term, we teach students and parents how to advocate for their rights in the classroom. In the long term, we want to make sure they don’t have to. Our goal is a world where our organization isn’t needed – where every student automatically gets the help they deserve.
To provide advocacy, education, and services for individuals with learning disabilities to empower them to reach their full potential.
A world where individuals with learning disabilities are included, empowered and celebrated.
Individuals with Learning Disabilities can learn if we have the skills to teach them, and with appropriate help, they can develop the necessary coping skills to reach their potential.
We promote positive change through:
Informed Public Policy
Informed Public Policy
Who We Help
1 in 10 Canadians are impacted by a Learning Disability.
The Learning Disabilities Association of Halton-Hamilton (LDAHH) is the only organization in our region dedicated to supporting individuals with LDs. We support children, youth and adults in our community. We also offer subsidies for our programs to ensure that we can reach the people that need them most.
How We Help
- LOperate a resource centre in Burlington
- LOffer programs to support the specific needs of children and youth with learning disabilities
- LHost lectures and workshops related to Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and other relevant topics
- LHold regular parent advocacy sessions to empower parents to advocate for their children
- LProvide information and resources related to Learning Disabilities
- LHost an annual conference for educators, professionals, and parents. This conference combines peer-reviewed research with hands-on strategies for understanding and working with students with Learning Disabilities and ADHD
We work closely with the educational systems in our area to make sure that parent concerns are heard and addressed. We have representatives on the Special Education Advisory Committees (SEAC) for the following school boards:
- 5Halton District School Board (HDSB)
- 5Halton Catholic District School Board (HCDSB)
- 5Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board (HWDSB)
- 5Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board (HWCDSB)