This 8 week Program focuses on coping skills, wellness and resilience. The Program goal is to provide a positive and supportive environment to help parents understand patterns of stress in their lives and build a personal coping plan to tackle feelings of anxiety, stress and sadness. The aim of the Program is to support parents in becoming a better version of themselves, in order to reach their personal and family goals for coping, resilience, and overall wellness.
This 8 week Program has a focus on wellness and resilience to help parents:
- NIdentify and validate problematic patterns of thoughts and feelings
- NDecrease their troubling feelings and behaviours
- N Increase personal empowerment, resilience, and hope by creating a personal plan for change
- NNavigate challenges to implementing changes in their lives
- N Accept and adapt to challenges in their parenting journey now and for the future
- NBoost their ability to handle complex stressors, and model this for their children
- NTeach Emotion Focused Coaching strategies to parents for use with their children
- NIncrease self-confidence and knowledge while expanding network of support
January 12, 2022 to March 2, 2022.
6:30 PM – 8:00 PM
Note: Monthly Check in’s will be provided once the group sessions are completed on a BIWEEKLY/MONTHLY basis from March until July 2022 (10 check in sessions total)
Location - Burlington
Rotary Youth Centre
560 Guelph Line
Burlington, ON L7R 3M4
With funding support from Halton Region
Courtney Fuciarelli, MSW, RSW is a Registered Social Worker who has spent the last 15 years working with children and families in the areas of mental health, education, and personal growth and development. She provides individual counselling and family support to clients in the Hamilton/Halton Region at CASE Psychology (Halton) and Fields & Flour Therapy (Hamilton). She brings a warm and engaging style of facilitation to guide parents in first supporting themselves, so they are better able to support their children.
Program Cancellation Policy
50% of the registration fee will be refunded for any program cancellation received 2 weeks prior to the first class.
Please contact us for any cancellation questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many of our programs have limited space available as we aim to provide a low student to teacher ratio; unfortunately space cannot be held for any student until payment is received.
We reserve the right to cancel program sessions if minimum numbers are not reached.