Why Stress Management?
Grounded in cognitive behavioural strategies, the Stress Management Program helps teens focus on how both good and bad stress impacts their body physically, emotionally and cognitively. The activities encourage students to problem solve and develop a toolbox of psychologically sound strategies that can help them be resilient when faced with life’s stressors. The Program is based on recourses developed by Strong Minds Strong Kids, Psychology Canada.
Program Learning Outcomes
• Increase ability to recognize the signs and symptoms of stress in themselves and others
• Increase awareness of what stress feels like, and a greater ability to detect / assess their stress levels
• Increase ability to identify individual stressors and their impact
• Increase ability to develop and implement positive coping and problem-solving strategies to reduce the impact of stressors and return to a calm state
• Increase sense of well-being
Start April 12th
15-18 years old in Grades 9-12. 4-8 students
6:00PM – 7:00PM
Location - Burlington
560 Guelph Line
Burlington, ON L7R 3M4
*Subsidies may be available for Burlington residents thanks to the Burlington Community Foundation
Program Cancellation Policy
50% of the registration fee will be refunded for any program cancellation received 2 weeks prior to the first class.
Please contact us for any cancellation questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many of our programs have limited space available as we aim to provide a low student to teacher ratio; unfortunately space cannot be held for any student until payment is received.
We reserve the right to cancel program sessions if minimum numbers are not reached.